Monday, April 9, 2012

A quiet Easter weekend


These are the 1st spring flowers, growing at the base of our walnut tree.



This beetle was crawling up my pantleg...on the inside! EWWW!
Had me doing the funky chicken and yanking all my clothes off
in the living room. Thank goodness I wasn't on Skype!


On the bright side, this little bird (pine siskin?) posed on one
of my big garden pots. (No, I didn't make it, but am resisting the urge to paint it.)


I did a bisque firing, and these are all the items I fired.
I can't wait to paint them. (some of the small weird items
are actually press moulds I'm experimenting with).



These 3 birds were in that load, and are ready to paint. The big one is my 2nd big bird, and he's the same, (or slightly bigger) than the 1st one. I haven't decided on what colours to paint him.
Any suggestions??


I started painting the bear and the medium bird, starting with a base-coat.


I hate waiting for paint to dry, so we went to the beach
 to enjoy the sun, the birds and watched the ferry cruise by.


No comments: